Thanks, Nancy, for the tag. It’s great motivation to blog again. It’s been too long!
11 Random Facts About Me
- Little noises enrage me (my brother is the same way). I’ve self-diagnosed myself with misophonia.
- I often kid that I’m living my Plan D. Truth be told I had no plans A, B or C.
- I’m a big fan of efficiency and the bottom line (get to the point, man!). I like few steps in a process, few words in a speech, few distractions, which may be why I can’t get behind the serial comma. A Spanish professor of mine used to talk about una economía de palabras (an economy of words). (PS, don’t get me started on double-spacing after a period!)
- If I hadn’t gone to grad school for Spanish language and literature, I would have gone to cooking school. Maybe if I cooked for a living, I wouldn’t like it as much?
- I grew up in Steamboat Springs and skiing was indeed part of the PE curriculum. Each year we chose to either cross-country ski, downhill ski or ice skate every Friday (maybe it was every other Friday?).
- One of the best weeks I’ve ever had was last summer in Austin: five days at the ADE Summer Institute followed by a girls’ weekend. My sides ached from laughing so much. #nuttysquirrel
- I’ve had three very different sweat lodge experiences.
- I hate the flavor of orange-colored fruits: peaches, apricots, mango (especially mango). I love the color, though!
- I am a very finicky sleeper. Here’s my ideal sleep scenario: no light, no sound, cool or cold room, nothing constraining my legs (like pj pants), a flat-ish pillow, heavy covers.
- I remember names and faces easily. I forget no one (which is a blessing and a curse).
- I love lists and bullet points. Maybe it’s part of the efficiency thing?
11 Questions from Nancy for me
- What is your favorite technology tool for personal use? The iPhone. How lucky are we that we get to run around with a computer in our pocket?
- What is your favorite technology tool for students? See #1.
- What is your favorite book? Tough question, Nancy! I love to read and definitely have several favorites. My favorite book that I read recently is Eleanor & Park. Go read it now. I’ll wait.
- What is the “next big thing” for education? If only I knew! I think we’ll see more student involvement as far as creating and executing their own educational pathways.
- Who do you most admire? I don’t really have a “most.” I’ll get back to you.
- What topic/topics are you currently researching? Master scheduling options/rethinking the traditional school day.
- What is a favorite place you have visited? Kauai.
- What inspires you? People I know inspire me to do better and be better. I find inspiration in the photos I see on Instagram (especially Nicole’s edits!).
- Who was your most memorable teacher? I have three: Mrs. Stanko (G4), Profe (G9), Professor Hervey at CSU (RIP).
- Were you a good student? I was a decent student. I was never a fan of the courses the I HAD to take. I always want(ed) to take/do what I like(d).
- How do you learn best? I have to see it to learn it. And, I learn by doing (who needs to read the directions to that new coffee maker, anyway?).
11 Questions for YOU. If you don’t blog, feel free to answer in the comments.
- What’s the story behind your name?
- How did you end up with the job that you have?
- Which song title would sum up 2013 for you?
- What is your favorite app and why?
- What was your favorite year of school and why?
- What is one website/blog you couldn’t go a day without reading?
- What is your favorite swear word?
- What are three things that are always in your refrigerator?
- What are you reading for fun right now?
- Who/What inspires you?
- What is your favorite movie quote?
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS: When you are tagged…
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 (or so) bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.